Golden Hawk alumni & friends of the football program,
Laurier Football Camp 2015 opens this weekend! There aren’t enough exclamation points to convey the excitement on the team and around the campus for the football season. The LONG nine month off-season has FINALLY come to an end and it’s time to strap on the equipment and get out on the field.
Players will report this Saturday and practices begin on Sunday. Anyone interested in watching practices please come on by. For the most part, we will practice in the mornings 8:45am – 10:45am and again in the afternoons from 3:45pm – 5:45pm. Simply email me ahead of time if you want to come and I can notify you of any changes to the practice times.
Here’s what is happening:
RB Dillon Campbell
– Football is the ultimate team game and one player definitely does not make a team, but let’s just say we got a whole lot better this week when Dillon Campbell announced that he will be back for a fifth and final season with the Hawks.
– Dillon was the OUA MVP last season and shattered many records along the way. View some of the highlights HERE.
Adopt-A-Hawk – $13,201 and counting
– I am more than happy to find a player in need for any of you newsletter subscribers. You may also have a specific position that you would like us to find a player for you. We are here to help facilitate.
– We raised $33,000 last year as a team and can definitely surpass that this year – please help us better that mark this year!
– Compete in everything we do: Guelph – Triple Victory Project, MAC – 13th Man Program, Western – Adopt-A-Mustang. We can definitely do more and raise more than these teams – everyone can help!
– Please check out the Homecoming Hype video courtesy of the Laurier Alumni office.
Laurier Golden Hawks @ Saskatchewan Huskies – Friday, August 21st at 7pm
– Those of you attending the game in Saskatoon, please join Laurier President & Vice-Chancellor Dr. Max Blouw, Vice-President: Academic & Provost Dr. Deborah MacLatchy, Director of Athletics & Recreation Peter Baxter, and Vice President of Student Affairs David McMurray for a pre-game reception to celebrate the Hawks vs. Huskies Vanier Cup Anniversary Rematch
Date: Friday August 21, 2015
Time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Location: Finn’s Irish Pub, Park Town Hotel, 942 Spadina Cres., East, Saskatoon
This event is free to all alumni and there will be complimentary appetizers and beverage served.
Those who are interested in attending can RSVP HERE.
Individual Game Tickets now on Sale
– Ticket prices increase on game day, so make sure you get them in advance.
2015 Season Tickets
– Reserve your seats now for what is sure to be an exciting home schedule in 2015. Adult packages are available for $54.95 while alumni and seniors are priced at $41.95. For more information, click HERE
2015 Home Schedule
Sat, Sept. 12 vs Western – 7:30pm – Frosh Game
Sat, Sept. 26 vs Windsor – 1pm – Homecoming
Fri, Oct. 9 vs Ottawa – 7pm – Community Game
Sat, Oct. 17 vs McMaster – 1pm – Senior Day
– Help us expand our subscribers list and send me firstname.lastname@example.org the email address of anyone interested or simply register using the link in the sidebar, please and thank you!
Until next week,
Go Hawks Go!