This is an exciting time around our program as we start our spring camp this week. We will practice each night this week and conclude by practicing at McMaster on Thursday March 24th. We will then take a break for the Easter weekend and get back to work next week, concluding our spring camp with another combined practice – this time against the Waterloo Warriors on Saturday April 2nd here at Laurier.
As part of our spring camp, on Thursday March 31st we are hosting an on-field coaches clinic that is free to all coaches. Half of the field will be our normal Laurier spring practice while the other half will be dedicated to conducting a coaches clinic. For more details, please check out this link: https://laurierfootball.com/2016/03/11/laurier-football-offers-free-coaches-clinic/#more-1361
Here’s what is happening:
The 17th Annual Friends of Golden Hawk Football Reception and Dinner
Presented once again by Sun Life Financial, the dinner will be held on Thursday April 28th at Bingemans Conference Centre in Kitchener, Ontario.
Paul Giannelia is the keynote speaker. Paul is the President and CEO of SC Infrastructure and he was also the Project Director of Canada’s Confederation Bridge
We are excited that, this year, we will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the 1991 Vanier Cup winning team. To attend this great event, you can purchase your tickets/table here: http://www.laurierathletics.com/generatepage.php?ID=58
- Silent Auction Items: a big part of our football dinner is the silent auction. If you have something for the auction that you would be willing to donate, please let us know. Anything from sporting event tickets, golf rounds, sports paraphernalia, etc. Your support is greatly appreciated!
High School Football Camp
- Junior Day (Grades 9 &10) – Saturday, April 9th
- Senior Day (Grades 11 & 12) – Sunday, April 10th
- http://www.laurierathletics.com/files/camps/High School Football Camp.pdf
Kids Football Camp
- The week of July 18th – 22nd. Ages 7-12
- http://www.laurierathletics.com/files/camps/Kids Football Camp.pdf
Adopt-A-Hawk: $34,541 and counting. THANK YOU!Our goal at the beginning of the year of surpassing $33,000 has been accomplished. Thank you to all that have helped us reach this goal. It helps our program greatly and we are closing the gap with the OUA’s top teams. https://web.wlu.ca/adoptahawk/documents/2015-16AdoptAHawkGiftForm.pdf
Help us expand our subscribers list and send me email@example.com the email address of anyone interested, please and thank you!
Until next week,
Go Hawks Go!